Meeting Franklin County's Needs
- One in eight people—at least 108,000 region-wide—struggles to put a meal on the table or has to choose between paying for utilities or buying food, a 20% increase over the last four years. (Food Bank of Western Massachusetts)
- Promoting wellness in vulnerable populations by preventing diabetes and obesity are urgent statewide health needs. (Massachusetts Attorney General)
- 75% of Franklin County/North Quabbin residents say they do not have local places to hang out with friends and family together.
- 65% of Franklin County/North Quabbin residents said there are not others they can turn to for help in their community. (Community Action Needs Assessment 2012)
- Food preparation and service is expected to be one of the five fastest growing occupations with new jobs. (Community Action Needs Assessment 2012)